Summit Street Bed &
Breakfast Inns • 420 & 434 Summit Street • Winston-Salem,
"This is the most sophisticated, elegant, and
adult-oriented B&B in Winston-Salem, the kind that appeals to
worldly business travelers and romantic couples."
read full review
Our neighborhood - The West End, a National Historic District
in Winston-Salem, NC
The Summit Street Bed & Breakfast Inns is located in the West End, a residential
neighborhood near downtown Winston-Salem, NC.
Our guests can enjoy the charm of early 1900's fine homes in town while at the same time be within
easy walking distance
of the center of the downtown Winston-Salem business district.
Nearby points of interest:
- Michael's On Fifth, 848 West 5th St. A restaurant located in a Georgian mansion one block from the Inn.
- Zevely House Restaurant, 901 West 4th St. A fine gourmet
restaurant located in an 1815 house one block from the Inn.
- The Old 4th Street Filling Station, 871 West 4th
St. A popular late night pub and restaurant one block from the Inn.
- West End Cafe, 926 West 4th St. One of Winston-Salem's
most popular casual restaurants two blocks from the Inn.
- Grace Court. A charming turn-of-the-century neighborhood
park with copper-roofed gazebo, water fountains, benches,
and period lamp posts three blocks from the Inn.
- four antique shops located from three to five blocks from the
- Wachovia Bank West End Center, West 5th St. Two blocks from
- Benton Convention and Civic Center, 301 West 5th St. Six blocks
from the Inn.
- Marriott Hotel & Embassy Suites
The city's largest hotel (450 rooms). Six blocks from the Inn.
- The Steven's Center for the Performing Arts, 405 West 4th St.
Seven blocks from the Inn.
- Wachovia Bank Headquarters, 100 North Main St. Ten
blocks from the Inn.
- Old Salem -- one of the most authentic 1700s
living history towns in the US -- is one mile away. (The
townships of Winston
and Salem merged in 1913.)
- Wake Forest University, Salem Academy &
College, and Winston-Salem State University are only minutes away.
points of interest to
see directions from the Summit Street Bed & Breakfast Inns to various local sites.
We can provide printed directions to most points of
interest in the city.
Our city - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
Winston-Salem is located in the northern middle of North Carolina.
This area of North Carolina is called the Piedmont
Triad. The three largest cities of the Piedmont Triad are Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High
Winston-Salem has a population of 174,000 and is North
Carolina's fifth largest city.
Our two local newspapers: the Winston-Salem Journal may be
viewed at www.wsjournal.com and The
Chronicle may be viewed at
Other usefull sites: